Tape Craft operates under a Quality System certified to the well known standards of ISO 9001:2008 and ISO 14001:2004. Our Quality Policy provides the guidance around which the rest of our Quality System is built.
Our Quality Policy: In Tape Craft's "Pursuit of Excellence" we are committed to continuous improvement of our products, processes, and personnel to provide our customer with on-time quality products which meet their expectations.
As a long time supplier of Mil-spec webbing to government contractors, Tape Craft has established a physical testing laboratory with wide ranging capabilities. As the company has moved into other markets as well, our testing capabilities have expanded even more to satisfy the challenging technical requirements of new applications.
Today Tape Craft has sophisticated test equipment to assure product conformance to:
- Stringent requirements of personal safety applications, including tensile and elongation;
- Properties such as abrasion resistance, and flammability;
- Special demands for load limiting, repeated cycling, and edge impact protection tests;
- Critical long-term UV resistance requirements of outdoor applications;
- Strict demands for color consistency and colorfastness in today's market;
- Subjective stiffness requirements with our stiffness tester;
- Many demanding requirements for military applications including pH, copper content, and water absorption.
Our Quality Assurance department prides itself on providing a level of confidence about the performance of our products -- confidence both internally at Tape Craft and at our customers. Every production lot is tested to the special demands of the particular customer and an enormous database of test results is maintained. Tape Craft strongly believes this quality system is the only sensible way to do business in such a highly demanding and technically challenging environment.
Tape Craft's Research and Development Group brings a unique mix of capabilities, talent, and experience to bear so that we may provide our customers with innovative products, ideas, and solutions. Our product designer is perhaps the most experienced creator of webbing designs in the wide world of narrow fabrics. We also have on staff experts in the fields of weaving, dyeing, and finishing. It is the philosophy of our Product Development Team to create products that not only fulfill the black and white requirements of specifications and engineering drawings, but also the grey area of intangible characteristics that provide a competitive edge to our customers' end-use items. We endeavor to learn the details of how our webbing is used in each application so we may offer a product with the best possible performance for its intended use.